Unison designs and curates a selection of modern home furnishings, specializing in textiles distinguished by unique pattern and timeless quality. We seek out and collaborate with an array of artists and designers, offering distinctive decor, furniture, and dining pieces that infuse homes with the clean beauty and functional substance of modern design.
We are looking for intelligent, organized and creative people to grow an exceptional team, passionate about great design and customer experience. Located in Chicago with online retail and a direct to consumer catalog.
As the Digital Marketing Manager at Unison you will be responsible for creating and executing all email marketing and social media campaigns. You will be tasked with developing these programs through analytical reasoning and market research in order to incrementally improve the engagement and reach of our marketing efforts.
We are looking for an experienced marketer with a data-driven mindset and strong creative design skills. A professional looking to own the day-to-day management of core marketing initiatives and develop a path for accelerated growth.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the end-to-end planning, design, and quality assurance of Unison email marketing and social media campaigns. Using data and analytical reasoning to incrementally improve campaign performance on a continual basis.
- Serve as the Unison point of contact on all social media channels; Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter. Proactively managing all engagement and contact points with Unison customers and partners.
- Develop marketing partnerships with interior design and trade contacts in order to improve the reach of the Unison brand and product collection. Ensuring brand consistency across all platforms and driving new customer acquisition.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of the full Unison catalog including additional details around the origin, inspiration, and specifics of each item. Collaborating with the merchandising team to improve our campaigns and discover new opportunities based on customer/partner feedback.
- Research and write content for the Unison blog and publish articles according to the marketing calendar. Coordinating any additional content from copywriters and industry partners, as needed.
- Assist with the management and quality assurance of product information and promotional content on the Unison ecommerce website. Identifying and recommending new site content and experiences to address customer needs or opportunities.
- 3-5 years of experience in digital marketing and social media management. Experience in a home goods/furniture, ecommerce, or start-up environment is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Highly proficient with third-party marketing software. Including, but not limited to; email service providers (MailChimp or similar), Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Comfortable and confident with managing customer and partner interactions via email, phone, and in-app messaging.
- Possess an excellent attention to detail, positive attitude, and ability to work quickly and efficiently to achieve team goals.
- Maintain professional appearance and reliability during hours of operation.
Full Time position at 40 hours per week. Hours of operation are 8:30am-5:00pm Monday through Friday in our Chicago Headquarters at 5480 N Elston Avenue.
As the Product Planner at Unison you will have the responsibility of creating, verifying, executing and communicating effective inventory strategies, plans and financial forecasts that support the Merchandising, Marketing and Financial objectives of the company.
The goal is to maximize company sales growth and profitability by working closely with the Product Manager, Director of Merchandising and across departments to design and implement thoughtful inventory strategies that promote profitable sales growth and satisfy customer demand.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage inventory strategy for product including new orders, reorders and markdowns.
- In collaboration with Product Manager, forecast sales, margin and inventory based on changes in strategy or business climate.
- Review monthly sales, inventory and receipt plans with Product Manager, identifying issues and solutions to resolve those issues.
- Recap and analyze sales and margin results compared to plan and previous year on a monthly basis.
- Perform pre-season, in-season, and post-season analysis to uncover opportunities and risks.
- Develop recommendations for in-season changes and pre-season assortment plans to ensure maximization of objectives.
- Lead monthly Open-To-Buy to determine actions that will optimize sales and gross margin.
- Develop and provide appropriate business analysis to influence future purchases and product assortment strategies.
- Manage planning operations including critical deadlines and product lead-times.
- Organize, verify and share purchase order/receipt status and information to appropriate departments.
- Coordinate efficient and cost-effective inbound shipping for inventory.
- Work with freight forwarders and broker to obtain information to schedule, track and manage inbound shipments.
- Review and verify invoices and shipping documents for all details and prepare for payment.
- Receive and manage purchase orders in the inventory system.
- 3+ years in merchandising, planning/allocation, buying or equivalent experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability/willingness to build and master an inventory management system to run reports and analyze data
- Strong financial acumen and experience in presenting data and analysis
- Ability to proactively identify business issues and develop creative solutions
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, positive attitude and communication skills
Full Time position at 40 hours per week. Hours of operation are 8:30am-5:00pm Monday through Friday in our Chicago Headquarters at 5480 N. Elston Avenue.