Unison designs and curates a selection of modern home furnishings, specializing in textiles distinguished by unique pattern and timeless quality. We seek out and collaborate with an array of artists and designers, offering distinctive decor, furniture, and dining pieces that infuse homes with the clean beauty and functional substance of modern design.
We are looking for intelligent, organized and creative people to grow an exceptional team, passionate about great design and customer experience. Located in Chicago with online retail and a direct to consumer catalog.
As the Fulfillment Associate at Unison you will have a critical role in the organization and fulfillment of every Unison product and package. You will help oversee quality assurance of outgoing shipments and the seamless execution of daily operations in our warehouse. Most importantly, you will serve as the last point of contact before a customer receives a package, ensuring the customer experience meets and exceeds their highest expectations.
We are looking for a self-starter with a keen attention to detail and exceptional organization skills. Someone driven to exceed expectations and brings a positive attitude each and every day. To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Role + Responsibilities
- Learn and maintain knowledge of the full Unison catalog and the organization of each item in the warehouse. Ensuring the Unison warehouse is managed in an efficient, clean, and safe manner.
- Manage the end-to-end picking, packing, and shipping of Unison orders. Drive efficiency through the fulfillment process by maintaining fast and accurate order processing.
- Maintain packaging standards to ensure secure delivery and provide insights into areas of improvement.
- Responsible for breaking down boxes/packaging and recycling as an end of day procedure.
- Assist with the receipt, inspection, and stocking of inbound shipments. Perform quality assurance and provide product-specific insights that are reported to the merchandising team.
- Help manage ongoing inventory cycle counts and annual inventory process. Report on inventory discrepancies and defective or damaged items.
Required Skills + Experience
- 2-3 years of experience in warehouse or fulfillment center highly preferred.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess an excellent attention to detail, positive attitude, and ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite and have the ability/willingness to learn new software imperative to the fulfillment process.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. and capable of moving of heavy boxes and furniture. This position also requires the ability to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Maintain professional appearance and dependable reliability during hours of operation.
- Experience in a home goods/furniture, ecommerce, or start-up environment is a plus.
Full Time position at 40 hours per week. Hours of operation are 8:30am-5:00pm Monday through Friday in our Chicago Headquarters at 5480 N Elston Avenue.