Effective Date: December 28th, 2020
We collect a variety of types of personal information including:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone number, and email address;
- Purchase information, such as the items you purchase, billing and shipping address, and contact information (such as for receipts or order updates);
- Preference information, such as your contact and marketing preferences, and merchandise interests;
- Profile and account information, which may include Contact, Purchase, and Preference information as well as your account password, designs you have saved to your registered account, items in your online shopping cart, wish lists, or saved for future purchase, and other information about your profile or account;
- Demographic information, which may include age or birthdate, gender, ZIP code, and other information about you;
- Correspondence information, including information about your email or other written communications with us and information that you share in your emails and other written communications with us;
- Call recordings, including information about your call and that information you share when you call us on the phone;
- Device and browsing information, including information about your phone, tablet, computer, or other device, and online browsing activity (collectively, “automatically collected information”). Automatically collected information may include IP addresses, unique device identifiers, cookie identifiers, device and browser settings and information, and Internet service provider information. Automatically collected information also may include information about when and how you access and use our website, such as the date and time of your visit or use, the websites you visit before coming and after leaving our website, how you navigate and what you search for using our website, the website pages and items you view using our website, and the items you purchase.
How We Collect Information
We collect information on our website, through email or other written correspondence with you, and during calls with you. We also obtain information from you and from third parties. We collect and obtain information:
- You provide, such as when you make a purchase, visit or use our website, place an order with us, contact us by email, by phone or via our website, register for an online account, participate in a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey, engage in a promotional activity, apply for employment, or sign up for emails or marketing;
- From third parties, such as service providers that we use, analytics companies, advertising networks and cooperatives, demographic companies, third parties that provide us with information about you and the different devices you use online, and other third parties that we choose to collaborate or work with;
- From social media platforms and networks that you use in connection with our website, or that share or allow you to share information with us, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Yotpo, and Instagram. For example, if you use functionalities, plugins, widgets, or tools from social media platforms or networks in connection with our website (for example, to share purchases and other content from our website with your friends and followers on social media), we will collect the information that you share with us, or that those social media platforms or networks share with us. For more information about social media platform and network privacy practices, please review the privacy policies and settings of the social media platforms and networks that you use;
- Using cookies and other automatic collection methods. For example, we and third parties we work with may collect information from the computer, tablet, phone, or other device: that you use to access our website; or that you use to open an email or click on an advertisement from us. This collection includes automatically collected information, and generally does not include personal information unless you provide it through our website or you choose to share it with us. Automatic collection methods we use include:
- Cookies (which may be session-based or persistent, and typically are small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in connection with your Internet browser);
- Web beacons or tags (small images embedded into websites or emails that send information about your computer, tablet, phone, or other device when you visit our website, or open an email we send to you);
- Website log files (which we tend to create automatically in connection with access to and use of our website);
- Flash cookies or Local Stored Objects (which may be placed using Adobe Flash software—learn more about privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies here;
- and other technologies (which may be similar to or different than the methods noted above).
How We Use Information
We use the information that we collect to conduct our business and to provide you with the products, services, and experiences that you request or that we think may be of interest to you. We also may combine any or all of the information that we collect or obtain with other information that we collect or obtain, including but not limited to information obtained from third parties with which we choose to work. We use information:
- To provide you with products and services, including to: fulfill your orders and process your payments; process, maintain and service your account; and provide you with products and services that you request or that we think may be of interest to you;
- To respond to you, when you: place an order; correspond with us by email or other written means, call us; make a request or inquiry; enter a contest or sweepstakes; complete a survey; or share a comment or concern;
- For personalization of your experiences with us, including to: remember your interests and preferences; customize the products and services we share with you; track and categorize your activity and interests on our website, including by identifying the different devices you use; and enrich your experience and on our website;
- For marketing and advertising, to: send you marketing and advertising communications; market and promote our products and services, and the products and services of our third-party partners; and customize the marketing and advertising that we show you (we offer choices about marketing and advertising as noted in the “Your Choices” Section below);
- For analytics, to: understand how you use our website; understand how you shop with us; determine the methods and devices used to access our website; and improve our website and associated products and services;
- For our business purposes: to operate and improve upon our business and lawful business activities; to maintain our programs, accounts, and records; for research; to determine your satisfaction with our products and services; to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our services; to enforce, apply or comply with any of our terms or policies, including but not limited to this Policy; and for any other business purpose that is permitted by law;
- For legal, contractual and safety purposes to: defend or protect us, our customers, you, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings; protect our rights; protect our security and the security of our customers, employees, and property; respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; address legal and regulatory compliance; verify your identity or communications from you; comply with contracts and other agreements to which we are a party; notify you of changes to our terms, policies and practices; and notify you of product recalls or safety issues.
How We Share Information
We may share personal information with third parties for the purposes permitted in this Policy, including in an effort to improve customer experience. We share personal information with:
- Third-party service providers and vendors that provide products or services to us, that help us market or advertise to you (including co-branded marketing and advertising), or that provide products or services to you. We may use third parties or service providers to perform any of the actions or activities allowed under this Policy;
- Third-party business and marketing partners, including select third-party co-operative marketing partners for marketing, advertising, data aggregation, analytics, and other commercial purposes;
- Parties to business transactions such as those we deal with in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, reorganizations, divestitures, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party; and
- Additional third parties such as law enforcement, government entities, courts, our legal advisors, or other third parties as required or allowed by applicable law, such as for the legal and safety purposes described under the “How We Use Information” Section above, or otherwise to help prevent harm or fraud to us, you, our customers, or other third parties. We also may share personal information with third parties upon your request or with your consent, although we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
Online Advertising, Analytics and Other Third Parties We Work With
We work with third party companies for advertising purposes, including to: serve advertisements across the internet; track and categorize your activity and interests over time on our website, and on third party websites and mobile applications; and identify the different device(s) you use to access websites and mobile applications. We share information with these companies, and these companies may collect information, including automatically collected information when you use our website, through the methods described in the “How We Collect Information” Section above (see “Using cookies and automatic collection methods”). These third party companies also may possess or obtain information about you from your interactions: directly with the third party companies; with other websites, mobile applications, or companies that the third party companies work with; or from your interactions with advertisements the third party companies help to display to you. The information that these companies collect or that we share may be used to customize or personalize the advertisements that are displayed to you.
We may also share other information in our discretion, including automatically collected information, which may be used by third parties for third party marketing, advertising, and other purposes. For information about the choices you have about the online advertising practices described in this section, please see the “Your Choices and Access Requests” Section below.
Your Choices and Access Requests
We strive to offer you choices about how certain personal information is used and shared. Your choices include:
- Online Advertising. You can manage third party advertising preferences for some of the third parties we work with to serve advertising across the Internet by utilizing the choices available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and www.aboutads.info/choices. We do not guarantee that all of the third parties we work with will honor the elections you make using those options.
- Social Media Platforms and Networks. We encourage you to review your privacy options and settings with the social media platforms and networks you use to understand what choices you have about sharing information from those platforms and networks with us.
- Email Choices. You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails by utilizing the “unsubscribe” link or mechanism noted in marketing or advertising emails you receive from us or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also request to opt out of marketing or advertising emails by contacting us through one of the methods specified in the “Additional Information and Contacting Us” Section below, and sharing the email address at which you are receiving marketing or advertising emails. Please note that opting out of receiving marketing or advertising emails from us will not apply to transactional communications or legal notices, for example, emails about your orders or about changes to our terms, policies and business practices.
- Catalog Marketing. To opt out of physical catalog mailings, you may email us at email@example.com or call us at 877-492-7960. We will remove your name and associated personal information from our marketing list (and the list we may share with third parties) as soon as possible after we receive your request. Please note that, even after your request is processed, it is possible you will receive additional mailings for up to three months depending on when you opted out. Also, for a period of time, we may retain residual information about you in our database backups for administrative purposes.
- Mobile Devices. Your mobile device may offer settings relating to cookies, pixel tags, Flash cookies, and other similar technologies. We encourage to you to visit your device’s help menu to learn about your options to limit tracking when using your device.
- Access Requests. If you have registered for an online account, we allow you to access and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your online account and using the features and functionalities available there. You may also make a request for access to personal information by sending an email or writing to us at the address specified in the “Additional Information and Contacting Us” section below. We are not able to grant all access requests, and we may request additional information from you in order to verify your identity before accommodating an access request.
Security and Retention
We take steps to help protect the security of personal information you share with us through our website, but information transmitted through the Internet may not be perfectly secure. We do not guarantee the security of your personal information. We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, to provide you with products or services, to carry out legitimate business interests, and where otherwise required or permitted by law.
Links to Other Websites and Services
Our website may provide links to other internet sites, content or videos (embedded or direct links) maintained by third parties. We are not responsible for the sites, content, or videos accessed via the links, and we have not reviewed the privacy practices of those third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of those third parties.
Browsers Do Not Track Signals
Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. There is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal. We currently do not respond to web browser DNT signals. For information about the choices you have about limiting how you are tracked online (for example, for advertising practices described in this Policy), please see the “Your Choices and Access Requests” Section above.
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to applicable California law, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Unison makes the following disclosures regarding the personal information we collect:
|Category Of Personal Information||Category Of Source From Which Data Is Collected||Purpose Of Collection||Category Of Third Parties to Whom Data Is Disclosed|
|Contact information, such as name, email address, and mailing address||Directly from users||To provide our products and services, to market and promote our and our third-party marketing partners’ products and services, and to support our electronic and digital programs||Service providers and third-party marketing partners|
|Purchase information, such as items purchased and order total||Directly from users||To provide our products and services, to market and promote our and our third-party marketing partners’ products and services, and to support our electronic and digital programs||Service providers and third-party marketing partners|
|Preference information, such as contact and marketing preferences and merchandise interests||Directly from users||To personalize our services according to your personal preferences; for developing new products and services, enhancing, improving or modifying our services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our service promotions, and operating and expanding our business activities||Service providers|
|Demographic information, such as age, gender, and ZIP code||Directly from users||To provide our products and services, to personalize our services according to your personal preferences, to market and promote our products and services, and to support our electronic and digital programs||Service providers|
|Automatically collected information on websites such as IP address, device type, and browser type||Cookies and other tracking technologies||For data analysis, audits, security and fraud monitoring and prevention; activities, events and promotions; for developing new goods and services, enhancing, improving or modifying our services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities||Service providers|
We have not sold consumers’ personal information in the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Policy.
If you are a California resident, pursuant to the CCPA, you have the right to request:
- the categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected;
- the business or commercial purpose of collecting or selling your personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information;
- the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- when and if applicable, the categories of personal information that we have sold about you and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, if applicable;
- deletion of your personal information; and
- an opt out of having your personal information disclosed or sold to third parties.
To submit a request, or designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 877-492-7960, or complete the web form located here. To verify your identity when you submit a request, we will match the identifying information you provide us to the personal information we have about you. If you have an account with us, we will also verify your identity through our existing authentication practices for your account. Requests will typically be honored within 45 days or less, but may take up to 90 days based on the results of verification.
However, we will not be required to comply with your request to delete your personal information if it is necessary for us to maintain your personal information in order to:
- complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code;
- engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent;
- to enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- comply with a legal obligation; or
- otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
We will not discriminate against you in the event you exercise any of the aforementioned rights under CCPA, including, but not limited to, by:
- denying goods or services to you;
- charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you; or
- suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
This Policy is available to consumers with disabilities. To access this Policy in an alternative downloadable format, please click here.
Our website is not directed to or intended to be used by individuals under the age of 16. We do not knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under 16 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If you believe that your child under the age of 16 has submitted personal information to us in connection with our website, and without prior verifiable parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com so that we can take steps to delete the personal information that she or he provided as required in accordance with applicable law.
If you provide personal information through our website, you agree that the personal information will be transferred to and processed in the United States of America and any other country or jurisdiction at our sole discretion. The laws that apply to the use and protection of personal information in the United States or other countries or jurisdictions in which we transfer or process personal information may be different than the laws and protections in your country.
Additional Information and Contacting Us
If you have questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, toll-free by phone at 877-492-7960, or by mail at the address below:
5480 North Elston Avenue,
Chicago, IL 60630
Updates to This Policy
We may make changes to this Policy, and may apply any changes to information previously collected, as permitted by law. When we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by posting the updated Policy on our website, and we will update the effective date at the top of this Policy. By continuing to use our website after being notified of material changes to this Policy, you agree that the terms of this Policy as of the effective date will apply to information previously collected or collected in the future.